Wednesday 28 August 2013

Don't You Worry, Child

We've just had family with us this past week. Wonderful to interact with them, enjoy the beach together, catch up with where each one is at the moment, even if it is only for a very short period. All too soon, they were heading back off to England and to India. Here's an email I wrote to them much earlier this summer.

Hi family.

Little Duarte (our godson, aged 4) never ceases to amaze me with his outlook on the world he's growing up in.

Last week we had to collect him from his school a couple of days in a row, and, in the car on the way back on one of those days I had Orbital FM on the car radio playing dance music. And this started up - Swedish House Mafia's popular track "Don't you worry, child"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1MN4pR5wXM

And Duarte pipes up "Conheço esta música" ("I know this song")
"Oh, where, did you hear that before"
"They play it at my school" and he begins to sing along "Don't you worry, don't you worry, child"
 

Amazing little boy.

So this is my offering to you guys this morning, in all the struggles and challenges you are facing as you think about the options ahead. We, you parents, are with you, in it.  The Swedish House Mafia got it right. "Heaven DOES have a plan for you"  It says so in Jeremiah

For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope"  (Jer 29:11)

Daddy



No comments: