Sunday 3 October 2021

I'll Be Your GPS

So here we are.

Anna is in Athens.

And I am in Belfast City Hospital.

And here are some actual exchanges between us on whatsapp.


I just got out of the metro.

Which side of the road should I stand?

For the local bus


You’re on Mesogeion, right?


I don’t know.

Is it the side with the Bread Factory (local bakery) or opposite


Stand on the side with the mountain behind you.


??


Traffic going north.


Ok.


Which metro did you get out at?


Cholargos.


You should have got out at the one before.


I’m catching the bus now

It's A5, right?

But where do I get down.


Look out for landmarks.


I just passed Mr Farmer. (local grocery)


You’re on the wrong bus.


I am totally lost now. I’m going to get down and get a taxi.


And so it goes on.

Anna is wonderfully gifted in so many ways.

But not with a sense of direction.

My lovely wife.


1 comment:

Sandra said...

😂 Love this 🫂❤️