Tuesday 14 April 2009

Suntoucher

Yesterday, no, it was Sunday, Easter Sunday, and I found myself on top of a hill in the Algarve at 06:30 waiting for the sunrise. It was wonderful!
It had been ages since I took part in an Easter sunrise service, and my mind goes back to a Portrush headland in a dull grey dawn, to Tehran, to Faisalabad and to the beach at Karachi. But this was not an Easter sunrise service. Just me and the dawn and the cold wind. Because although it’s already the 12th of April, the early morning air is cold.

I settled down on the rough ground to wait, pulled my coat closer and leaned back against a tree trunk. And waited. Watching the hill to the east. First an intense glowing from behind the hill. Then, as it were, waves of golden light began pouring down into the valleys on either side of the ridge. Then a blazing wisp of cloud leapt up from the brow of the hill. And finally, and I watched, open-eyed in wonder, a silent explosion of light as if the very top of the hill had suddenly come off and revealed a boiling cauldron of molten – light. It boiled and hung in the morning air for some moments and eventually detached itself from the hillside. My eyes shut. Couldn’t cope with the intensity of the light. Burning into my soul. Blinding me to all else. The ground once visible and tangible, now suddenly plunged into a nether world of shadows once more. AND SO I THOUGHT…
This is what Resurrection means. A burning realisation that all we are in the here and now is transient, a vague dream that is soon over and gives way to the proper day. Thank you God for this moment.


“Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the LORD rises upon you. ~
See, darkness covers the earth and thick darkness is over the peoples,
but the LORD rises upon you and his glory appears over you.”
Isaiah

“Nations will come to your light, and kings to the brightness of your dawn.
The people walking in darkness have seen a great light;
on those living in the land of the shadow of death a light has dawned”
Isaiah

“But for you who revere my name, the sun of righteousness will rise
with healing in its wings.
And you will go out and leap
like calves released from the stall.”
Malachi

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

請問有人知道免費a片去哪裡下載呀。